Saturday, September 17, 2016

Kitchen upkeep

   My September goals are to drink more water and to write three pages a day.

   So far I'm not doing too well with the water, and I've only written 3 pages total. It's ok, every morning is a new start.

   I've bought some paint for the pantry in the laundry room. A muted violet blue called Creamy Blueberry, a Lavender called Sugared Plum and a nice Mauve called Mineral Mauve.
I'm not going to tell anyone I'm doing it, just let it be a surprise.

   Woke up this morning with head and neck pain at 6 am (?). The incapacitating pain stopped by 10, (thank you pain meds) but let me just say that you should never go to Walmart after taking pain medication. I bought hot pink tie-dye leggings. WTF! and donuts. I think I may have a problem.

   While at Walmart I saw a man walking around, no lie, wearing sunglasses, nappy nappy hair, slippers, pajama pants and a hospital gown. One arm was bandaged up and in a sling so the gown was only half on, the rest trailing behind him on the floor.

   I also got some green cotton yarn to make the vine for the purse I'm currently working on. They didn't have any red so I'll have to go to Michaels. and isn't that too bad.

   Ok, it's the next day and I painted the pantry with the blue and then did the trim with the Mauve. I didn't like it at all. So I went over it with some OOPS paint I had. It's a dark purpley grey. Looks much better. The first way jut looked to country. This looks a little more modern and a bit nautical. I have to put one more coat on the trim and I want to take the doors off to do  1/4 inch of trim by the hinges. I also have to get some little thingies that keep the doors closed.

   A friend came over to install a new vent hood. Wow I had no idea it was so hard to do. Took him about 3 hours and lots of cursing, sparks shooting out and even blood pouring. But it's done and works so much better.

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment